When attacking a portal its important to strike hard and strike fast. This is all the more important with the new notification system that keeps your enemy up to date on your every attack. There are two methods of attack that are used and in this tip I will show you the pros and cons of each.
1. Fires off the highest level burster you have, so it strikes hard.
2. Simplest method. No menus to navigate.
1. Slow and inefficient.
2. In 10 seconds can only fire 3-5
3. Allows portal attacks to drain more of your XM. Ex: Starting with 5000 XM, then firing 1 L5 burster at a time allows a 3% attack to drain 142 XM.
1. Allows you to choose which level burster you fire, useful in conserving XM and surgical strikes.
2. Can launch multiple bursters before the first one even fires. 7-9 in 10 seconds, useful in knocking out a portal before the enemy even gets a notification and recharges.
3. Stacking your bursters limits the amount of XM the portal can take from you in the attacks that follow. Ex: Starting with 5000 xm then firing 5 L5 bursters the following 3% attacks will only cost you 113 xm.
1. Lots of buttons to press.
Conclusion: The Carousel Method is the clear winner in which method to use here. The ability to stack bursters and attack swiftly far outweighs having to press an extra button or two. It is even more effective if you have whichever burster you want to use already selected in the menu enabling you to jump right into the fight.
Thanks to Greenlite for the nifty names.