Welcome to Agent @Br00tal’s creative exploration of the possible future of ingress filled with new mission and badge suggestions. Enjoy!
Hello fellow agents! It has been a while since the previous article and a lot has changed and been added to Ingress. Levels 9-16 has been added to the game and also the Capsules and Ultra Strikes. In this part, I will propose ideas to revamp a few features, add new badges, explain a few items and small scanner tweaks.
If you haven’t read the first part, click here to get to it. A few things are connected to the part 1.
In the previous article I was writing about a Mission System that had Weekly Missions with various rewards – There are no more weekly missions. The mission difficulty is ramped up a lot and now only available for agents L8+.
Ingress Agent Missions V 2.0
- Quests are now categorized in 5 difficulties. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Black.
- The Quest Rewards increases exponentially throughout the difficulties.
AP, Capsules stored with items and Unique Quest items are rewarded for completed quests.
- Only one quest is allowed per Agent, per month.
- There will be 3 of each Quest Category in the Mission.
- “Submit X Portals” Quest will be removed from the list.
- 9 Quest Categories in total per mission.
- The Agent Growth Point (AGP) system are reworked into the Agent Enhancement System (AES). The old AGP was rewarded after mission completion but the new AES system will give you different features to upgrade after leveling up. Level 8 and up to 16 will grant you AES upgrades in two types explained further in this article.
- For the “Completionist” badge, you get 1/1/3/3/5 “missions completed” per completed mission. The higher tier missions are harder and are more rewarding item wise and should be when getting the Mission Badge.
New and Updated Badges
The Level requirements for L9-L16 badge-wise might have to adapt to these new additions. The new Completionist badge is for successfully completing agent missions.
Badge rewards are now handed out every time an agent gets a new badge. Capsules containing up to 50 items of different rarity and type. The new portal mods will often be included in these packages. Agents who already have high tier badges will receive items for each badge tier.
Agent Enhancement System (AGP System V 2.0)
- AES upgrades are now gained through leveling up instead of acquiring points through completing missions. There are two types of AES upgrades. Type A & B.
Enhancement System Type A
- Type A are upgrades that require points through the leveling process. There are then spent on the listed upgrades below. All upgrades has 5 tiers that needs different amount of Type A points per tier.
- These upgrades are resettable compared to Type B which are permanent and non-changeable upgrades.
- Reaching L8 gives you 1 starter point. The following 4 levels up to L12 will give you 2 points per level up and the last 4 levels will give you 3 points per level. So as total, 21 points are acquired and usable for Type A upgrades.
- The different tiers require different amount of points. The requirement are the following: 1/3/5/7/9. So if you want more inventory capacity, put 9 points in that to get 1200 more item space, as an example. With this, you can only max two upgrade types and use two points anywhere else!
Here is an image which sums it up.
- A sidenote related to the two last Overdrives:
Shield Mitigation Overdrive (SMO) are only applicable to ONE shield. If you deploy the first shield of the portal, the shield’s mitigation are added with the SMO level. The second shield will have a normal mitigation.
Hack Overdrive (HO) works like this. It increases the total amount of items you can possibly gain in a hack as TOTAL and not per item. Lets say you normally would gain 4 items in one hack, with HO you would gain 14.
The droprates are adjusted to the upgrade, so you won’t be able to receive high rarity items more often than other agents.
Enhancement System Type B
- These upgrades will not affect agents that just hit L8. You need to reach above L13 to get these upgrades.
- For Enhancement Type B, there are 2 Tiers per Category.
From L13 to L16 gives you 1 point each. So you can only choose between 2-4 upgrade types.
Propsed new items and scanner tweaks.
●XMA Force Pulser (L9-L16)
Exotic Matter Angular Force Pulser
A variation of the XMP that fires a concentrated blast that occurs in a chosen angle.
The angle is set by the player by the same method of charging an XMP. A big angle gives a less powerful strike than a smaller one. Max angle from the front of the player is 180° and the smallest is 20°.
The attack appears like the letter “V” in front of the player arrow if the angle is close to the smallest angle and shoots like a half circle if its at the maximum angle.
Angular Amplification Formula:
8^(3.14/X) – 0.036 =AAmp
Min = 1.000 – Max = 1.386
Range Amplification Formula:
LXm * AAmp = RAmp
LXm = XMP Level – AAmp = Angular Amplification
L1 XMA Range: 42-58m
L2 XMA Range: 48-66m
L3 XMA Range: 58-80m
L4 XMA Range: 72-99m
L5 XMA Range: 90-125m
L6 XMA Range: 112-155m
L7 XMA Range: 132-191m
L8 XMA Range: 158-233m
● Capsule Upgrades (C=50 & VR=150)
Capsules get an upgrade/downgrade with a C & VR version.
● Jarvis & ADA Key Circuit (VR)
Virus Key Circuit works only on enemy portal with links.
The virus does NOT take down the portal, it only takes down the chosen links. This is a tool when you only want to remove links and not flip the portal.
● Compressor (R Mod)
Portal Mod that compresses the XM cloud around the portal making it create 2x more XM around it.
● Spiral (R Mod)
Portal Mod that absorbs a small amount of the XM cloud of a portal and decreases the decay from 15% to 10%.
● Low Energy Portal Notification
Agents can now choose to get notifications on chosen portals when energy levels are 50% and below.
Agents can now choose multiple portal keys to link to.
Instead of manually linking one key after another, you just choose all portals you want to link. You must be in range during the whole multi-link, if not the process will be cancelled.
● COMM Filtering
Agents can now filter Portal Attacks, Portal Neutralization, Enemy/Ally portal deployment/linking/fielding, New agent activity and agent conversations.
● Portal Verification
Agents can now verify portal submissions which makes the portal submission appear on the map. Agents can vote if its a viable location for the portal. The more votes, the faster accepting/rejection.
The agent who submitted it will also be able to check the voting status on the portal. The submission wont show the voting agents which faction the submitter is.
The ghost portal will be available for 2 weeks before taken in for review. This will make it disappear from the map.
● Hackable Passcodes
Passcodes are now available as a media item. Rarities as always C/R/VR. These codes will not contain any VR mods except shields. The codes are redeemable once.
● Quick Force Sync
Agents can now longpress the OPS button and the scanner will force sync.
● Capsule UI Tweaks
Agents can now sort keys after keycount, distance and alphabetic order.
● Global MU Rewards
Agents in the leading faction gets a little boost in droprates.
● UI Faction Color
The UI changes colors to whichever faction agents are. Resistance gets a remade blue UI and Enlightened gets a brand new green UI.
Thats it for now! I’ve got more stuff for you in part 3! ;)